:: Re: [DNG] sane-utils depends on lib…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Arnt Gulbrandsen
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] sane-utils depends on libsystemd0
Hendrik Boom writes:
> So... does sane need saned? Do the scanners have to initiate communication
> with the computer for which there always has to be a daemon running?

That's not what sane does. Sane doesn't need saned to scan; I use devuan
and a scanner without even having saned installed.

Saned is what you need if you want to connect a USB scanner to host A and
then run scanning software on host B. It makes A pretend to be a network
scanner that B can use, rather like how my scanner (a Brother MFC-8880)
offers its services to everyone on the net.

Arnt