:: Re: [DNG] Linux 4.9 kernel
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Andrew McGlashan
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] Linux 4.9 kernel

On 08/05/17 23:33, Adam Borowski wrote:
> On Mon, May 08, 2017 at 02:10:12PM +0100, KatolaZ wrote:
>> apt does NOT automatically update your kernel major version, for the
>> simple reason that the kernel package contains the version in its
>> name, so apt would not have any clue about the fact that
>> linux-image-3.16.0-whatever and linux-image-4.9.0-whatever are related
>> packages. And this is actually done on purpose, and for very good
>> reasons ;)
>
> And if you want to actually do auto-upgrade kernels, install
> "linux-image-amd64", it depends on the latest non-experimental kernel
> package.

Yes, that same package is installed on both servers. The second server
was set up.

dselect was installed
- it was ran and updated to learn about available packages

dpkg --set-selections was ran against a --get-selections from the older box.

And an upgrade was done after the new selections were setup.

In the end, the old box has the 4.9 kernel and the new box has the older
(standard) one.

I've got good logs, now I'll try to work out exactly when it was
installed (4.9) and if there were any other packages that were done at
that time.

Thanks
AndrewM