:: Re: [DNG] apt-get update issues tod…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Klaus Ethgen
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] apt-get update issues today
Hi,

Am So den 7. Mai 2017 um 8:11 schrieb KatolaZ:
> On Sat, May 06, 2017 at 05:41:44PM -0500, hal wrote:
> > I tried apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade today and not
> > sure what's going on. Some kind of issue with makedev or udev
> > along with a warning about the kernel and initramfs-tools
> >
> > Can somone offer some insight on how to resolve the issues in this
> > console output?
> >
> > https://pastebin.com/q55wVD1S
> knowing what are dist-upgrading from/to would immensely help
> understanding what is going on.

While that is true, it doesn't help that much.

I have such issues from time to time. When this happens, I usually stop
immediately and try to resolve it via `apt-get upgrade` followed by
manual resolving of the conflicts. Keep in mind that apt will,
sometimes, deinstall stuff instead installing alternative libraries.

About dist-upgrade, there is something in-between. Try `apt upgrade`,
what is something like `apt-get --with-new-pkgs upgrade`.

Regards
   Klaus
- --
Klaus Ethgen                                       http://www.ethgen.ch/
pub  4096R/4E20AF1C 2011-05-16            Klaus Ethgen <Klaus@???>
Fingerprint: 85D4 CA42 952C 949B 1753  62B3 79D0 B06F 4E20 AF1C