:: Re: [DNG] XFCE : Granted permission…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Didier Kryn
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] XFCE : Granted permissions without asking for password
Le 05/05/2017 à 15:24, Lars Noodén a écrit :
> I notice that the second time I launch the Root Terminal from XFCE, it
> skips asking for a password and shows the following warning:
>
>     Granted permissions without asking for password

>     The '/usr/bin/x-terminal-emulator' program was started
>     with the privileges of the root user without the need
>     to ask for a password, due to your system's
>     authentication mechanism setup.

>     It is possible that you are being allowed to run
>     specific programs as user root without the need for a
>     password, or that the password is cached.

>     This is not a problem report; it's simply a
>     notification to make sure you are aware of this.

> I haven't seen this before. What should I change to have XFCE require a
> password each time I launch the Root Terminal icon.

     This message is typical of Policykit's self propaganda. sudo's
messages are different.

     Policykit is a server-based system intended to grant you
permissions without ressorting to the traditional unix mechanisms - same
idea as ssh-agent, but more generic and complicated.

     Policykit's configuration is yet another pseudo-language you have
to learn unless you can get rid of it, which is hard to do completely :-(

     Didier