:: Re: [DNG] Packaging nodejs-7.9
Top Pagina
Auteur: Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
Aan: Jérémy Lal
CC: dng@lists.dyne.org, ubuntu-devel-discuss, debian developers
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Packaging nodejs-7.9
On 04.05.2017 09:26, Jérémy Lal wrote:

> At the moment, in debian, /usr/lib/nodejs is there to store all node
> modules installed from debian packages.

hmm, would that conflict w/ having certain "nodejs-$version" subdirs
w/ the actual engines (the whole tree - not splitted out the several
FHS parts yet) there ?

Meanwhile I've also added some update-alternatives support. (yet have
to add version into package name). But this will conflict w/ current
versions, as they directly install /usr/bin/nodejs. Can we make a minor
update of 0.10.* for update-alternatives ?

> Are you talking about installing modules depending on their
> compatibility with node engines (as found in package.json) ?

Actually, not sure whether that's really required. Are there any known
(already packaged) modules that break w/ newer nodejs ? If not, I guess,
just adding depend son newer engines where needed should be enough.

--mtx