:: Re: [devuan-dev] [Fwd] network-mana…
Top Pagina
Auteur: KatolaZ
Aan: devuan-dev
Onderwerp: Re: [devuan-dev] [Fwd] network-manager, KDE
On Tue, May 02, 2017 at 07:08:40PM +0200, Jaromil wrote:

> received this mail on our freedom@ inbox which appears relevant
>
> BTW golinux would you like also to have access on that mailbox?
> is the freedom@??? account
>
> as the traffic intensifies we need more people to help look at what is
> relevant and somehow addressing short-term decisions like this one

Hi,

I am not against having KDE in Devuan, at all (or aanything else, for
that matter). I am against having things that do not work fully, out
of the box, especially when they affect desktop users. Experienced
users know their way around, and won't complain for small
glitches. Most desktop users, instead, expect everything to "just
work", without any additional click, and if anything does not work,
then the distribution "just sucks".

To make desktop users happy (if this is really something we want to
achieve), we need more desktop users ready to eat the crap that the
devs put in the repos, to report problems, and suggest solutions. And
then we need people able to implement those solutions an fix problems.

I would warmly encourage and support all the users who ask for this or
that feature/package/DE/thing to be kept in Devuan to make a concrete
contribution for that to happen. This is the way a community is built,
grows, and prosper.

At the end of the day, a distro is the mirror of the people who work
on putting it together. Without people, and more people, and more, a
distro will just die out, eventually. It is only a matter of time.
The only exception to this rule is Slackware, but that one is not a
distribution, rather the life-long mission of a stubborn, committed,
and talented philosopher ;)

My2Cents

KatolaZ