:: Re: [DNG] devuan install experience
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Jaromil
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] devuan install experience
On Thu, 27 Apr 2017, Arnt Karlsen wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Apr 2017 00:13:43 +0200, Jaromil wrote in message
> <20170426221343.5xrmd2uyhoxa3mmr@reflex>:
>
> > On Wed, 26 Apr 2017, KatolaZ wrote:
> >
> > > in Devuan minimal-live there is a simple dialog tool called
> > > "setnet.sh" which helps with basic network setup. It's not yet in
> > > the Devuan repos (and that's mainly my fault: wil put it in
> > > experimental tonight), but you can get the deb package here:
> > >
> > > http://kalos.mine.nu/setnet
> >
> > this dialog based tool gives complete control on network settings
> > without any big requirement.
> >
> > I'd go as far as saying that setnet should be the new network
> > configuration component for our installer starting from ascii: to be
> > used both in installation phase and as fallback for running systems.
>
> ..I disagree on your implied "just fallback", it's good enough as
> The Standard for production systems, has anyone seen it fail?

AFAIK no, but needs more battle-testing and experienced opinions
before we reach a conclusion. Yours is certainly one more on the
record. For "fallback" I mean as installed by default and, in absence
of any other tool, inicated as the way to configure the network in
Devuan. People may still prefer to use more graphical ways and for
instance network-manager will also be working in ascii, I think is
already into jessie-proposed or experimental thanks to CenturionDan.

ciao