:: Re: [DNG] ..vdev input in X, was:..…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Arnt Karlsen
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] ..vdev input in X, was:..vdev box recovery ideas?
On Wed, 26 Apr 2017 12:08:48 +1000, Ralph wrote in message
<2fab2208-e0dc-27f5-dd3d-f9d7156bbaa7@???>:

> Arnt Karlsen wrote on 26/04/17 11:18:
> > On Mon, 24 Apr 2017 14:49:06 +1000, Ralph wrote in message
> > <be1216c5-c463-a069-b1e4-f405ee658809@???>:

> >> If the live iso works, you can restore udev via chroot to your root
> >> file system. It's a relatively simple sequence:
> >> # mnt /dev/sdaX /mnt
> >> # chroot /mnt
> >> # mount -t proc none proc
> >> # mount -t sysfs none /sys
> >> # mount -t devpts none /dev/pts
> >> # apt-get install udev
> >> # apt-get purge *vdev* <-- all aitor's vdev packages
> >
> > ..er, something went wrong here, I forgot? to mention
> > my bad apt database means doing things rpm-hell style
> > with dpkg or tarball style, and forgot to umount -v \
> > /mnt/proc et al before exiting my chroot, and wound
> > up hitting the power button, on reboot, it decided to
> > fsck a weird "/rootfs" and failed, so I did one off a
> > live iso and tried a new boot, and now I just need to
> > get vdev's mousepad 'n keybd input working in X too,
> > all is fine in the console. ;oD
> >
> >> [cut]
>
> I believe keyboard and mouse needs the "evdev" module to be loaded
> before something; certainly before starting X.

..aye: root@box:~# lsmod |grep evdev
evdev                  24576  26
root@box:~# lsmod |grep vdev |grep -v evdev
root@box:~# lsmod |grep dev |grep -v evdev
input_polldev          16384  1 lis3lv02d
ipmi_devintf           20480  0
ipmi_msghandler        49152  3 ipmi_devintf,ipmi_poweroff,ipmi_watchdog
ppdev                  20480  0
parport                49152  3 lp,parport_pc,ppdev
videodev              180224  3 uvcvideo,videobuf2_core,videobuf2_v4l2
media                  40960  2 uvcvideo,videodev
joydev                 20480  0
root@box:~#

> "My" vdev scripts for
> initramfs does that by adding a line "vdev" to the file
> "/conf/modules" in the initrd, which makes it be loaded at the
> pre-pivot stage.

..thanks, I look where?

..anything more we wanna find out before I modprobe -v vdev?

> Actually, as I'm confused about which vdev variant you are using,
> maybe we can identify the as "Gnuinos' vdev" and "Devuan's vdev"
> hence.

..me too, and the binaries have md5sums so we _can_ find out. ;o)
Oneliner ideas, please? ;o)

> In any case, it may well be some other reason why it's not working.
>
> Ralph.

..well, the vdev and the hardware works, AFAICT, it's X not seeing
the vdev_s_ way of doing things. And I guess we wanna know WTF 'n
HTF my vdev combination works as well as it does. :o)

..remember, many of the best things in history was caused by
stupid luck. ;oD

Scenarios always come in sets of three: