:: [DNG] ..vdev input in X, was:..vdev…
Página Principal
Autor: Arnt Karlsen
Para: dng
Tópicos Antigos: Re: [DNG] ..vdev box recovery ideas?, was: gvfs depends on libsystemd0
Assunto: [DNG] ..vdev input in X, was:..vdev box recovery ideas?
On Mon, 24 Apr 2017 14:49:06 +1000, Ralph wrote in message
<be1216c5-c463-a069-b1e4-f405ee658809@???>:

> Arnt Karlsen wrote on 24/04/17 09:13:
> > On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 18:54:07 +0200, Arnt wrote in message
> > <20170419185407.228cd18a@???>:

> >> ..thanks, we shall find out. ;o)
> >
> > ..no joy this far, vdev does not work with any of my installed
> > kernels, neither my dpkg variant of your vdev-assistant nor your
> > original restores udev, so I'm stuck with live-CDs when I need to
> > go online to chk things to read up on.
> >
> > ..you packaged your vdev differently than aitor, do I then use
> > your deb(-src) lines in /etc/apt/sources.list and comment out
> > his?
> >
> > ..another approach is ignore apt and dpkg, and simply drop in all
> > files with tar or cpio or somesuch, haven't done that kinda stunt
> > since my RH-5.2 days.
> >
> > ..if that fails, are you able to build me an old fashion monster
> > monolithic kernel with nouveau, vdev and everything else compiled
> > into the kernel, and not as modules, that I can boot without an
> > initrd?
> > Big size is no problem, I have 8GB ram, but no build box.
> >
> > ..if not, what do I need to build a vdev kernel myself on my
> > box running your devuan_jessie_RC_amd64_minimal_live_vdev.iso?
>
> If the live iso works, you can restore udev via chroot to your root
> file system. It's a relatively simple sequence:
> # mnt /dev/sdaX /mnt
> # chroot /mnt
> # mount -t proc none proc
> # mount -t sysfs none /sys
> # mount -t devpts none /dev/pts
> # apt-get install udev
> # apt-get purge *vdev* <-- all aitor's vdev packages

..er, something went wrong here, I forgot? to mention
my bad apt database means doing things rpm-hell style
with dpkg or tarball style, and forgot to umount -v \
/mnt/proc et al before exiting my chroot, and wound
up hitting the power button, on reboot, it decided to
fsck a weird "/rootfs" and failed, so I did one off a
live iso and tried a new boot, and now I just need to
get vdev's mousepad 'n keybd input working in X too,
all is fine in the console. ;oD

> # apt-get install --reinstall udev
> # exit
>
> The end result of that should be that udev is reinstalled to the
> /dev/sdaX root file system, including the update of its initramfs.
> And that your system boots up without fuss. (hopefully)
>
> If then you wish to try vdev again, it is available in
> "experimental"; that's "my" variant. You need to have the
> experimental entry in sources.list, and perhaps a -1 pinning of it in
> the preferences (to avoid gaining other experimental babies), and
> then use explicit "-t experimental" to get it.
> # apt-get install -t experimental vdev
>
> You might also want to consider using eudev instead, which (like
> aitor's vdev packaging) is a full replacement for udev. (afaik
> 'eudev' makes use of the udev rules, and in that way it's much
> friendlier to other products that currently tie in to udev)
>
> All in all, there is nothing needed to be compiled into the kernel
> for vdev or udev (or eudev I think). But if you can't come forward,
> there is also the option of hand crafting an initrd enough to get the
> system pivoting, to let you install/uninstall.
>
> Ralph.

Scenarios always come in sets of three: