:: Re: [DNG] ..vdev box recovery ideas…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: fsmithred
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] ..vdev box recovery ideas?, was: gvfs depends on libsystemd0
On 04/24/2017 03:59 PM, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Apr 2017 14:16:03 -0400, fsmithred wrote in message
> <fe3b3bbe-73fa-4590-75ea-15e142e82764@???>:
>
>> On 04/24/2017 10:39 AM, Arnt Karlsen wrote:

>>> ..thanks, DL in progress. :o)
>>>

>> Update: I removed the 4.9rt kernel and replaced it with the regular
>> 4.9-bpo kernel.
>
> ..looks like these are set up the same way as the Sid/Ceres ones, my
> diff is also 222 lines.
>
>> System still boots, and the live iso I made with it
>> boots.
>>
>> http://paste.debian.net/929150/
>> I ran a diff on the kernel configs, but I don't see anything obvious.
>> A few months ago, there were problems with the 4.8-bpo kernel and
>> live-boot. Some overlayfs and nls_ascii were missing from the initrd.
>> That was fixed in the 2017 version of live-boot.
>
> ..one good thing about distractions is they buys me time to have other
> people find out things for me. ;o)
>
> ..mounting it after dd'ing it, I see isolinux and boot/grub, but also
> boot/grub/efiboot.img and efi/boot/bootx64.efi, and my box didn't
> like Qubes-R3.2's way to "efi-boot", next boot to grub took an hour.
>
> ..your iso boots directly into isolinux or grub without messing up my
> "efi stuffed bios"?

If you're using uefi instead of legacy bios, it should boot with grub, and
it shouldn't mess anything up. CAVEAT: There's no uniformity in uefi
implementations across manufacturers. If you want to install it, the
safest way is if you have another linux on the machine, install this one
without a bootloader, and add it to the menu of the linux that handles the
boot.

Now that I think about it, grub-pc is installed in that image. If you want
to install the bootloader, the grub-efi debs are in the root directory.
The installer should find them and ask if you want it to install them (in
a chroot) for you, which will cause grub to take over the boot, or it will
provide you with a fully-prepared chroot terminal where you could install
them yourself with dpkg, or you can continue without a bootloader.

See /usr/lib/refractainstaller/uefi_install.readme
That one is newer than the one in user's home.

Oh, and if you want to do a manual chroot for something, there's a script
in user's bin that will do the bind mounts for sys proc and dev.

fsmithred