:: Re: [DNG] ..vdev box recovery ideas…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: fsmithred
A: dng
Assumptes nous: [DNG] jessie-vdev2 iso, was ..vdev box recovery ideas?, was: gvfs depends on libsystemd0
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] ..vdev box recovery ideas?, was: gvfs depends on libsystemd0
On 04/24/2017 07:21 AM, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Apr 2017 05:18:32 -0400, fsmithred wrote in message
> <b9fe011d-1f20-02db-ed10-8f67bcee3104@???>:

<snip>

>> I don't know if this would be of any help to you, but I have a vdev
>> live iso that I made using Ralph's vdev packages back in October.
>> After reading this thread, I decided to install it and upgrade to the
>> 4.9rt kernel. It boots normally.
>>
>> What I can't seem to do is make a bootable iso with the 4.9rt, even
>> after upgrading live-boot, et. al. to the ascii versions. (There's a
>> problem with the bpo versions of live-boot missing some parts in the
>> initrd related to overlayfs and nls_ascii).
>>
>> If you want to try the October live iso, let me know.
>
> ..yup, url?

jessie-vdev2 iso:
http://distro.ibiblio.org/refracta/files/experimental/

Notes:
- boots to console, startx to get to openbox
- If you want to get rid of the desktop background, it's in the spacefm
settings.
- usernames:passwords are root:root and user:user
- There's a gear icon on the panel that opens a terminal running the... (I
forget what it's called) script that lets you switch between udev and
vdev. I assume that it still works, but I didn't test it on this install.
- I think I have it set to not install recommends.
- *systemd* is pinned, so no libsystemd0 or libpam-systemd

(these are older than the vdev in the repo)
vdevd-2.0.2, libudev_compat_1.2.1, vdev-initramfs_1.2.7

fsmithred