:: Re: [DNG] pbuilder w/ docker
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] pbuilder w/ docker
On 15.04.2017 10:42, Adam Borowski wrote:

> Nope, this doesn't work unless you either:
> * have a multiarch mixed i386+amd64 on the host -- you need at least the
> kernel to be amd64 (well, if the kernel is self-compiled you don't even
> need multiarch) -- but why would you run i386 on an amd64 box?

Yeah, that's right. I'm running an amd64 kernel, but 32bit userland on
Trusty on my notebook, but also some jails for special applications like
skype, but also for testing.

> * use qemu (tcg) to emulate amd64, that works but is not pretty on any
> machine ancient enough to need i386

that would be *SLOOOW*.

OTOH, a complete crosscompiling environment would be quite nice.
But then we'd need a clear separation of libs vs tools dependencies.

--mtx