:: [DNG] Busybox Init: Was tiny servic…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Steve Litt
À: dng
Anciens-sujets: Re: [DNG] tiny service state api [WAS: Fwd: init system agnosticism]
Sujet: [DNG] Busybox Init: Was tiny service state api [WAS: Fwd: init system agnosticism]
On Fri, 14 Apr 2017 11:29:12 +0100
Simon Hobson <linux@???> wrote:

> karl@??? wrote:

> But then I'm one of those generally happy with SysVInit style
> booting. It's easy to understand, it's generally reliable, it's
> fairly easy to debug if something isn't right. But I also recognise
> that others aren't happy and if they want to use something else then
> that's OK by me - as long as what they propose isn't something that
> "infects" stuff I want to run under SysVInit.

Hi Simon,

This is the perfect opportunity to explore this more. Karl is one of
the tiny minority of people to have successfully booted using the
Busybox Init.

Hi Karl,

How did you like the Busybox Init? Do you still use Busybox
Init, or do you use a different init system for your day to day
computing? I think you once made documentation for how you installed
Busybox Init. If so, could you please post the URL to your
documentation?

SteveT

Steve Litt
April 2017 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
     of the Successful Technologist