:: Re: [DNG] Fwd: init system agnostic…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Klaus Ethgen
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Fwd: init system agnosticism [WAS: how to remove libsystemd0 from a live-running debian desktop system]
Am Mi den 12. Apr 2017 um 16:58 schrieb Steve Litt:
> I have no knowledge of the origin of this thread, probably having to do
> with my .procmailrc /dev/nulling certain people. But I have a very
> clear message about this thread's subject: There's no place in Devuan
> for init system agnosticism if such agnosticism includes a tolerance
> for systemd.
>
> Once installed, systemd makes it 50 times harder to install other
> inits. And even though there may currently be Debian
> package-manager-foo that can do it, there's never a guarantee that will
> survive.
>
> Systemd actively sabotages the ability to replace it, whereas no
> other inits do that (that I know of). It would be stupid of Devuan to
> allow systemd into their software.

Not only that. With including libsystemd0 in every package dependency,
it makes them factually unable to build.

Take for example openssh, I provide patched packages on my server that
remove the patches of debian that lower ssh security for just gaining a
bit more comfort. However, in the recent days it was even not possible
anymore to build as it build depend on libsystemd-dev that is starting
to depend on systemd itself.

But this libsystemd-dev dependency is not needed at all.

Other think, did you ever try to deinstall libsystemd0? It will
deinstall many other packages; at least on ceres.

Regards
   Klaus
- --
Klaus Ethgen                                       http://www.ethgen.ch/
pub  4096R/4E20AF1C 2011-05-16            Klaus Ethgen <Klaus@???>
Fingerprint: 85D4 CA42 952C 949B 1753  62B3 79D0 B06F 4E20 AF1C