:: Re: [DNG] Fwd: init system agnostic…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Hendrik Boom
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Fwd: init system agnosticism [WAS: how to remove libsystemd0 from a live-running debian desktop system]
On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 08:13:46PM -0400, Dan Purgert wrote:

> On 04/12/2017 11:58 AM, Steve Litt wrote:
> > [...]
> > Systemd actively sabotages the ability to replace it, whereas no
> > other inits do that (that I know of). It would be stupid of Devuan to
> > allow systemd into their software.
>
> Wouldn't it also be kind of undoing the whole reason that the original
> guys split off the Debian crowd?

Well, the official policy, insofar as there is one, appears to be that
Devuan is about choice. Therefore, it should make available (1) the
choice to do without systemd and (2) the choice to use systemd.

We split off because Debian has made it difficult to avoid systemd.

Given our limited manpower, we focus in (1).

We support potential devuan users who wish option (2) by having them use
Debian's installer, Debian's packages, and Debian's mailing lists, all
available directly from Debian's mirrors.

-- hendrik