:: Re: [DNG] gvfs depends on libsystem…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: aitor_czr
À: dng, Hendrik Boom
Sujet: Re: [DNG] gvfs depends on libsystemd0
Hi Hendrik,

On 04/11/2017 12:17 AM, Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> wrote:
> What is the status of vdev? Is it packages and inthe repositories yet?
> Is it too much to hope it;s available in jessie?
>
> -- hendrik

As fsmithred said in the irc, there are two sets of packages working for
now:

https://git.devuan.org/devuan-packages/vdev (by Ralph Ronquist)

and:

deb http://packages.gnuinos.org/unsystemd jessie main
deb-src http://packages.gnuinos.org/unsystemd jessie main

You have to run vdev-assistant in this second case. But be carefull with
the "live" hook in the initramfs-tools, it needs some simple changes.
Remove all the live-* packages from your system if they exist, before
installing vdev.

Now, the priority are the manpages. You can read more here:

https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=43

Recently i tried to run a devuan vanilla with vdev and a 4.x kernel, and
it didn't work (in live mode) because the system searched for a cdrom_id
binary, non existent in vdev. On the other hand, you will need to set
your keyboard configuration at every reboot (minor issue) depending on
your keymap. Beyond that,vdev works fine for me.

Cheers,

Aitor.