:: Re: [DNG] gvfs depends on libsystem…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Alessandro Selli
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] gvfs depends on libsystemd0
Il 10/04/2017 02:25, Rick Moen ha scritto:
> Quoting Steve Litt (slitt@???):
>
>> I think I know why, but I'll ask you anyway. Why don't you just put
>> mount in /etc/sudoers and make it not require a password?
> IMO, mounting / umounting is a sensitive operation (which is why Unix
> makes it be that way, unless you screw with it) and should be treated as
> such.
>
> Also, I typically don't bother to set up sudo on my own systems.
> Never really saw a compelling advantage, and I like to keep a nice,
> clean distinction between privileged shells and non-privileged ones.

You still should use sudo, with a password - the user's own password.
Using root password many times, every day, is bad for security (the more
times you type it the higher the chances are it will be captured) and it
instills the desire of an easy to remember and fast to type password.
IMO the best solution is having sudo run scripts that mount unknown
devices (i.e., not configured in /etc/fstab) on directories under /mnt,
and maybe create them if needed.

--
Alessandro Selli <alessandroselli@???>
Tel. 3701355486