:: Re: [devuan-dev] New packages for r…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Daniel Reurich
Aan: devuan developers internal list
Onderwerp: Re: [devuan-dev] New packages for reportbug and python-reportbug

On 29/03/17 23:21, KatolaZ wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 10:38:57PM +1300, Daniel Reurich wrote:
>
> [cut]
>

>> Another significant issue (highlighted again in this case is the failure
>> to base the package of the VCS based source. Instead I find here again
>> another example that despite KatolaZ claimed reading of my pretty
>> explicit instructions on this point, he failed to follow the
>> instruction, and I don't think we should accept any packages that don't
>> have the full history.
>>

> Hi Dan,
>
> I am really sorry for that.

And I apologise for the criticism, I didn't realise that hellekin had
pointed to the top of the thread rather then at the posts with the
actual guidance you needed. It's a bad location for that documentation anyw

> The correct documentation about how to
> packge is indeed much further down in the page you and hk linked
> earlier, and the only one which qualifies as such is the post sent by
> chillfan. It was my fault not reading down to there, but we can't
> really expect anybody willing to start contributing a simple package
> to Devuan to have to dig this information out of a forum thread where
> 3 other different things are discussed, and the same thing is said in
> three places, which contradict each other in a few points...

Agreed. I'd intended to extract that out and put into a wiki for
further editing, or maybe chillfan was going to .. or maybe even did...

> I would suggest to move this *vital* information to a single, static,
> html-only page on www.devuan.org.

It should be part of the Devuan Documentation but absolutely well linked
to from the website and every other place where would be maintainers and
Devs might visit..

> I am rebasing the repo now (or maybe it's better to create another
> one, at this point). I will submit an issue to have it in
> jessie-proposed in due course.

You can do
`git remote add alioth-git
git://anonscm.debian.org/reportbug/reportbug.git`

and then `git fetch` and `git checkout -b suite/jessie-proposed 6.6.3`
(the jessie version as per https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/reportbug )

now you should be in the branch suites/jessie-proposed and you should be
able to cherry pick your commits across.

Once things are ready then you can change origin to
devuan-packages/reportbug and push suites/jessie-proposed (I'd suggest
deleting or atleast untracking your old branch.)

:D