:: Re: [devuan-dev] New packages for r…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: KatolaZ
A: devuan-dev
Assumpte: Re: [devuan-dev] New packages for reportbug and python-reportbug
On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 10:38:57PM +1300, Daniel Reurich wrote:

[cut]

> Another significant issue (highlighted again in this case is the failure
> to base the package of the VCS based source. Instead I find here again
> another example that despite KatolaZ claimed reading of my pretty
> explicit instructions on this point, he failed to follow the
> instruction, and I don't think we should accept any packages that don't
> have the full history.

Hi Dan,

I am really sorry for that. The correct documentation about how to
packge is indeed much further down in the page you and hk linked
earlier, and the only one which qualifies as such is the post sent by
chillfan. It was my fault not reading down to there, but we can't
really expect anybody willing to start contributing a simple package
to Devuan to have to dig this information out of a forum thread where
3 other different things are discussed, and the same thing is said in
three places, which contradict each other in a few points...

I would suggest to move this *vital* information to a single, static,
html-only page on www.devuan.org.

I am rebasing the repo now (or maybe it's better to create another
one, at this point). I will submit an issue to have it in
jessie-proposed in due course.

My2Cents

KatolaZ