:: Re: [DNG] Error: could not find a d…
Góra strony
Autor: Arnt Karlsen
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] Error: could not find a distribution template for Devuan/jessie
On Tue, 28 Mar 2017 11:10:11 +0200, Florian wrote in message
<20170328111011.570adbc6.f.zieboll@???>:

> On Mon, 27 Mar 2017 14:04:18 -0400
> Héctor A. Abreu <habreu71@???> wrote:
>
> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > I am trying to find out why I'm getting an error when trying to add
> > a PPA repository in Devuan Jessie, but not getting the same error in
> > Debian Jessie. It's just for a program called "Hollywood
> > Technodrama". I run the same command for both distros:
> >
> > ~$ sudo apt-add-repository ppa:hollywood/ppa
>

> It seems that the software-properties-common package doesn't know
> about Devuan yet. As apt-add-repository just adds a new entry to the
> sources.list under /etc/apt/sources.list.d/, the easiest workaround
> would be to copy the newly created item from your Debian Jessie system
> to the Devuan system.

..try verify there is no e.g. classic "Ken Thompson Compiler Hack"
style trick hiding in there, e.g. meant to deny Devuan support.

..and we probably wanna do this on all our packages.
Big job, I know.
And I'm busy trying a run for parliament to try escape Kafka style
suppressive fire litigation ongoing since Groklaw.net.