:: Re: [Libbitcoin] libbitcoin-server …
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Eric Voskuil
À: Lucas Betschart, Libbitcoin Development
Sujet: Re: [Libbitcoin] libbitcoin-server on a Minebox NAS
On 03/27/2017 12:45 PM, Lucas Betschart wrote:
> Hi list
>
> Do you think it's possible to run a libbitcoin-server on the
> Minebox NAS hardware? Especially regarding the CPU I'd like to hear
> your thoughts.
>
> ## Specs for the Minebox 8TB version (from their website:
> https://minebox.io):
>
> HP Model: HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T HP Model version:
> 819185-001
>
> Processor: Intel® Celeron® G1610T 2.4GHz Processor cores: 2 cores
> Cache Memory: 2MB (1x2MB) L3 cache
>
> Memory: 4GB (1x4GB) PC3L-128000E DDR3 UDIMM Hard Drive: 2x Seagate
> IronWolf 4TB
>
> Network controller: HPE Ethernet 1Gb 2-port 332i Adapter Storage
> controller: HPE Dynamic Smart Array B129i Controller ##
>
> There is also a version with 16TB HDD and 8 GB RAM, but I expect 4
> GB to be enough.
>

> Is it possible to run a libbitcoin-server on that hardware? How
> many users connected at the same time will it be able to serve?

The server would not have any problem serving a large number of users
on that platform. You may want to disable address notifications in the
current implementation.

Your main issue would be initial block download time, given the
current block forward sync. You would probably also have to disable
write flushing or disable transaction relay. Otherwise the possible
inability to keep up with network transactions can cause you to fall
behind. The 8GB RAM would certainly help. The memory-mapped file
implementation is much better with more RAM and I consider 8GB a good
minimum. An SSD would help, but not sas much as the RAM.

See:

https://github.com/libbitcoin/libbitcoin-server/wiki/Hardware

https://github.com/libbitcoin/libbitcoin-server/wiki/Initial-Configurati
on

https://github.com/libbitcoin/libbitcoin-server/wiki/Operational-Configu
ration

https://github.com/libbitcoin/libbitcoin-server/wiki/Small-Server-Perfor
mance

https://github.com/libbitcoin/libbitcoin-server/wiki/Big-Server-Performa
nce

Unfortunately I don't have numbers yet on client-server performance,
but it is quite impressive from what I hear :).