:: Re: [DNG] defective RAID
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: karl
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] defective RAID
Hendrik Boom:
> lilo doesn't do RAID assemby, as far as I know. It just starts up
> with a bunch of blocks at a fixed offset from an identified partition,
> identified by UUID, and there's two of these. Now I guess at boot
> time, it may always pick the right one, or always pick the wrong one,
> or a random one.

If you have /boot on a raid-mirror on all your disks (pref. as first
partition) there is no problem making lilo work. Since then it
doesn't matter which disk it is booting from, it will load the kernel
and possible an initrd/initramfs if you want it to.

Since /boot is typically very small, there is not any big problem
making this happen.

///

If you have theese set in your kernel:

CONFIG_MD_AUTODETECT=y
CONFIG_MD_RAID1=y (or whatever raid level you want)

the kernel will autodetect your old style (metadata 0.90) raid
partitions. So if your / is on such a raid, the kernel will mount
/ without the need of an initrd/initramfs.

The old metatdata limits you to one filesystem per md-raid device.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

Aspö Data
Lilla Aspö 148