:: Re: [devuan-dev] bugs.devuan.org
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: KatolaZ
À: devuan-dev
Sujet: Re: [devuan-dev] bugs.devuan.org
On Sat, Mar 25, 2017 at 06:53:59PM -0500, golinux@??? wrote:
> Why can't there be a sane medium-style interface somewhere between the
> extremes of the shiny bloat of discourse and the spartan set up of the BTS.
> Something sparse but still accessible by mere mortals? Not every Linux user
> is a VUA who lives in a terminal. I'm certainly not . . .

Hi,

when we will have reportbug ready (hopefully very soon), the only
thing that a generic user will have to do is:

reportbug <package_name>

A BTS is not yet-another-discuss-platform for users. We have discourse
for that. And we have dev1galaxy. A BTS is a place where bugs are
reported, traced, and (hopefully) solved. It is mainly controlled by
developers, not by users.

Debian has used the very same system for the last 20+ years. They have
managed some 840K+ bugs. All Debian users are acquainted with the
style of those bug reports.

And to be clear once and for all: I am not in love with debbugs. I
believe we need something that works first, and then we can improve on
that.

My2Cents

KatolaZ