:: Re: [DNG] We need to speak up
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Miles Fidelman
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] We need to speak up
On 3/15/17 9:14 PM, Christopher Clements wrote:

> The exact suggestion is here:
> <https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20170315.171933.e6bda406.en.html>
>
>> That is an excellent idea. Would be great if someone got organized
>> enough to start a dialog with EVERY upstream dev individually and/or
>> collectively. Unfortunately, that would be a mammoth task requiring
>> more time than most people could find. I've done work like that on
>> various issues and know from experience, it is a full time job.
>
> Perhaps just an open letter?
>
> It seemed relatively simple until you brought up the issue of actually
> contacting all the developers (without using debian-devel, most likely).
> I only thought about one aspect of it, and now it seems like it would
> be _impossible_ without using debian-devel or mass-mailing every single
> developer (out of the question).

I tried raising the question on libreplanet-discuss - asking what
uptream developers are doing now. Not a tremendous response, so far.

But maybe this would be a good workshop topic, or BOF session, at the
upcoming libreplanet conference (sponsored by the Free Software
Foundation) in Boston. It's coming up right spanking now (March 25-6),
at MIT. An awful lot of open source upstream developers show up, and
it's a good forum for discussion policy issues related to open source
software. https://www.libreplanet.org/2017/

It might be a little late to organize a formal talk or panel session,
but someone might want to give the organizers a call. BOFs are easy to
setup - see https://libreplanet.org/wiki/LibrePlanet:Conference/2017

Everyone should also join FSF and the libreplanet-discuss list.

It's generally a good time, with good people. I'm not sure I'll be able
to make it - I live in the area, but I'm currently in AZ for an extended
period, helping my 96-year-old Dad settle into a new house - not sure if
I'll be back in time.

Hopefully someone from the Devuan team will be there, and can organize
something.

Miles Fidelman

In practice, there is. .... Yogi Berra