Til: dng
Emne: Re: [DNG] The list is up
Steve,

I'm a lurker at Devuan, but you can add me to the list of people leaving
Debian (in this case, Linux). Our company is moving (slowly) to FreeBSD
for our servers. Just don't need workstation OS's on our servers, which
is what Linux is moving towards. But, with close to 100 servers, it will
take a while to make the move; just sitting on Wheezy until then.

For workstations, our needs are minimal, so I don't really care. Hell,
we could go with Windoze and Putty for most of our work. Next time we
have to build a workstation, I'll probably try Devuan, though honestly,
I could simply go with Debian since stability on workstations is not
that big a deal.

We're also abandoning IPFire for OPNSense because of some problems I've
run across there, some of which I trace back to systemd.

We've been using Debian since the mid to late 1990's. Sigh.

Rod Rodolico