:: Re: [DNG] We need to speak up
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Miles Fidelman
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] We need to speak up
On 3/15/17 9:20 AM, Andrew McGlashan wrote:

> On 16/03/17 02:55, golinux@??? wrote:
>>> . . . but remember that the Freedesktop/Redhat/SystemdCabal
>>> consortium has the goal of eliminating systemd as a choice . . .
>>>
>> Ermmmm . . . not quite what you intended to say, I think.
> Yes, well, I read that as -- you have no choice, the world is using
> systemd -- like it or lump it, you have to have it as nothing else will
> work....

You know, I kind of wonder about that. Are developers actually
migrating to systemd, or do most things come with standard init-scripts
- then relying on systemd's ability to utilize init scripts and/or
relying on packagers to add systemd scripts?

I would guess that it also has to do with tooling & libraries.

Our systems are pretty stable, and a lot of our stuff has been installed
from the tarball, not the packages - so I don't have a current sense of
the world.

Anybody have a better sense of where things are going.

Miles Fidelman

In practice, there is. .... Yogi Berra