著者: Alessandro Selli
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] We need to speak up
Il giorno Wed, 15 Mar 2017 12:26:22 +0000
KatolaZ <katolaz@???> ha scritto:

> On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 09:37:45PM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
>
> [cut]
>

> > Can somebody please make a list, that we can put our names on, of
> > people who left Debian because of systemd? And put the name Steve Litt
> > on it please.
> >

> You could definitely do that, but to what avail, if I may ask? Why
> should we waste time in letting debian-user know that there is a small
> bunch of people who thinks differently from the mass there? Why should
> we make a point about freedom of choice in a camp which has totally
> forgotten what freedom of choice is, and has embraced the cause of
> total domination? Again, to what avail?

This sounds like telling minorities to stop whining for being
discriminated against because they are ... well, a minority, and the place
is run by the majority. You are basically saying that only majorities might
feel entitled to protest, because only majorities can make a difference.
This is plain false.

«Why should we make a point about freedom of choice in a camp which has totally
forgotten what freedom of choice is»

Exactly for that reason, because we stand for freedom of choice, they used to
and they have now have abandoned that noble cause to side with the majority
(of wrongdoers).

--
Alessandro Selli http://alessandro.route-add.net
VOIP SIP: dhatarattha@???