:: Re: [DNG] New documentation on the …
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Steve Litt
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] New documentation on the Surf browser
On Sun, 12 Mar 2017 19:10:00 -0400
Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> wrote:

> I have found two browser-related devuan packages that have surf in
> their names.
>
> surf
> netsurf
>
> Is either of them relted to the surf you are documenting?

Yes. The Surf I've documented is installed by the surf package. The more
experience I get with Surf, the more I believe that the package should
be installed only as a "hello world" exercise, but later uninstalled
and replaced by a custom configured make_clean;make;make_install
installation. All Suckless Tools software is configured by modifying
the config.h file and then recompiling, meaning that the user can't
modify any behavior the package bestows.

SteveT

Steve Litt
March 2017 featured book: Troubleshooting: Why Bother?
http://www.troubleshooters.com/twb