:: Re: [DNG] FF pulseaudio hard depend…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: KatolaZ
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] FF pulseaudio hard dependency is here
On Sun, Mar 12, 2017 at 04:33:23PM +0000, Daniel Abrecht wrote:
> On 03/12/2017 03:49 PM, Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI wrote:

> >> The best blocker is "uBlock Origin" both words, not just uBlock.
> >>
> >> They say they are not an ad blocker, but they block ads and other bad
> >> stuff by default -- is that available for Midori? If it is, go with
> >> that in place of Adblock (any variant).
> > Have you considered rolling your own add-blocking with a list of unwanted sites in /etc/hosts ?
> I'm using the block lists from Pi-hole on my local DNS Server, which has
> the benefit that I don't need to install an AD-blocker on each of my
> devices.

Namely. I still don't see why one should have a different ad-blocker
embedded into each broswer. A simple all-round solution is reported,
for instance, among the add-ons to surf:

http://surf.suckless.org/files/adblock-hosts

even if it is not just for surf. Browser developers (and vendors) have
forced us to believe that a browser should be able to brush your teeth
and bake you a cake in order to be considered "a proper one", and we
didn't dare to disprove that lie.

Many among us moan that systemd has become a hog which is putting its
nose where it shouldn't, but do you know that there are FF add-ons for
"Gnome Shell Integration":

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/gnome-shell-integration/?src=hp-dl-upandcoming

which boast also a full support for "...corresponding extensions
repository https://extensions.gnome.org"???

Oh, c'mon...

KatolaZ