:: Re: [DNG] FF pulseaudio hard depend…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: KatolaZ
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] FF pulseaudio hard dependency is here
On Wed, Mar 08, 2017 at 10:14:56PM -0500, Hendrik Boom wrote:

[cut]

> > I was about to write a similar message, as I just found out about the
> > new "feature" the hard way.
> > In the short term I think I'm going to switch to midori.
>
> I haven't gotten midori to work in a satisfying way.
> There are a few sticking points:
>
> How do you import bookmarks from firefox?
>
> How, when you get a directory listing from a directory on your own
> hard drive, do you get it sorted in some kind of sensible order?
> Exploring my own file system in the browser is a pain without this.
>
> Where is the documentation? Is there any? Is there even a mailing
> list? Or a user forum? Raising questions on the github site just
> gets me an offputting uninformative reply.

I have made a quick search, and it seems that the problem is, again,
in the fact that people prefer overkills to simple solutions. Midori
(aside with many other browsers) is using XBEL, an XML format to store
bookmarks, which was introduced not because another file format for
bookmarks was needed, but rather to showcase the abilities of the
PyXML module (google "XBEL bookmarks" to find out more details about
this unbelievable yet interesting story...).

And it seems that the main developer of Midori finds it quite
complicated (sic!) to transform a Netscape (html) bookmark files (or
any other bookmark format, for that matter) into XBEL. There you
go. You can still export your bookmarks into html format and browse
that file.... :\

The reason why one wants to use XML to store bookmarks still defies my
very primitive logic, though, since implementing a tag-based bookmark
systems requires 28 lines of shell script (attached below), of which
only 9 contain actual shell code...

HND

KatolaZ

#!/bin/sh

##
## Simple script to manage bookmarks
##
## If run without arguments, provide a dmenu list of current
## bookmarks, and paste the selection to the primary
## clipboard. Otherwise, add a new bookmark, and set the
## decription/tag to the arguments provided on the command
## line.
##
## KatolaZ -- 2015
##

BKFILE=$(realpath "${HOME}/.surf/bookmarks.txt")

if [ $# -ge 1 ]; then
    ## adding a new bookmark from the primary selection
    URL=$(xclip -o)
    echo "${URL} | $@" >> ${BKFILE}
else
    ## Searching the bookmark file...