:: Re: [DNG] [ann] heads 0.0 is out!
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Adam Borowski
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] [ann] heads 0.0 is out!
On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 04:06:16PM -0500, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 09:12:34PM +0100, parazyd wrote:
> > heads 0.0 is out!
> > It finally happened and it's not vaporware!
>
> It's out, it's not vaporware, it boots into a VM or bare hardware
> from USB, but...
>
> What Is It?

Ever heard of Tails?

An independent remake (not a fork!) of Tails is an awesome thing. Not
because of details like systemd (which is really harmful only on a system
you need to actively administer), degradation of its user interface because
of relying on Gnome3 being also only a minor concern.

The big reason are rumours about Tails being infiltrated by US bad guys, and
backdoored. Those rumours may be or may not be true -- I seriously hope
they are not -- but there's no way to prove a negative. If I was a spook,
taking over a Tails developer would be a really, really high on my list of
priorities, and it's not that hard to recruit/bribe/threaten the family
of/hack/etc one of a team. Conversely, if I was a spook but failed at that
task, I'd badmouth Tails to make potential dissidents fear using it...

Thus, a from-scratch remake gives a chance to avoid either the risk of Tails
being really subverted, or false allegations of it being subverted.

--
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁