:: [Libbitcoin] Hello List
Top Pagina
Auteur: Alice Wonder
Aan: libbitcoin
Onderwerp: [Libbitcoin] Hello List
Howdy, new to libbitcoin but not new to bitcoin, though I'm not too well
known in the community - too much drama in the community. That's
dangerous for me because when I get involved in drama, I end up making
an ass of myself.

My interest in libbitcoin, I am creating a payment processing system for
some websites I will run (not a payment processing system for others,
too much legal stuff to do that)

I can't use BitPay or the others because I don't want to put my business
at the mercy of another company that can decide they will stop
processing payments just because they don't like something I am doing.

Anyway the way I run servers, I run CentOS 7 and I only install software
packages as an RPM package from a yum repository. Makes it easier to
keep everything up to date across many servers.

So I am in the process of packaging all the libbitcoin stuff for CentOS 7.

My source RPMs will not rebuild on typical stock CentOS 7 systems
because the version of boost is too old in CentOS 7 but in theory they
should build just fine in recent enough versions of Fedora.

On my own CentOS 7 system, since so few applications used Boost, I just
upgraded the boost and rebuilt the applications that linked against
boost. OpenOffice was the big one, but that's because its a desktop, my
servers have very little that uses boost so updating boost to current
rather than having two versions seemed to make more sense.

What I have now (don't use, quite alpha packaging) is at
http://awel.domblogger.net/7/boost-misc/src/repoview/

But anyway that's what I am doing, partly done already but no real world
testing (except for make check in the RPM spec files)

I doubt I will contribute any meaningful code to the project but maybe
when I am done with the spec files, they will be of use to people on RPM
based systems.

Thank you for this project, it solves a lot of things I didn't see a way
to solve with the "standard" bitcoin-core project.

Michael A. Peters (aka Alice Wonder)