:: Re: [DNG] Debian becomes sorry stat…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Jaromil
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Debian becomes sorry state of broken distribution.
On Fri, 24 Feb 2017, Joachim Fahrner wrote:

> Am 24.02.2017 um 21:09 schrieb Hughe Chung:
> >
> > I wanted to run Android-x86 6.0 on a virtual machine. After trying to
> > install three versions of VirtulBox, the oldest version 4.3 from
> > wheezy-backports was successful with kernel 3.16. Out of nine
> > combinations, I managed to find one working one fortunately: 3.16
> > kernel with virtualbox 4.3.
> >

> Don't blame Debian, blame Virtualbox. Try VMware Workstation Player.
> Long time ago I switched from Virtualbox to VMware, because it was
> so buggy.

I experience more or less the same situation of Hughe: I switched to
the 4.x Linux kernel series in jessie-backports broke the vbox and
consequently my vagrant setup.

Another perfectly working f/oss alternative to vbox is qemu-kvm

so let me add the blame to hasciicorp's vagrant for choosing to phase
out the qemu backend, whatever stupid reason they had for it, I wish
now someone rewrites something like a vagrant for qemu and possibly in
shell script...

ciao