:: Re: [DNG] Life After Firefox 56
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Rick Moen
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Life After Firefox 56
Quoting golinux@??? (golinux@???):

> Lockdown/branding is not just happening to the desktop. We've known
> for some time that the Firefox we've loved for over a decade is
> about to suffer a similar fate. Those that like to pimp out their
> browser (like me) will find this Mozillazine thread useful.
>
> http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3027638

Mozillazine thread has fascinating practical, detailed suggestions about
how to jump sideways to SeaMonkey without functional loss.

I've done my best to summarise this entire situation for general Linux
users, filling in the historical background to best ability, here:
http://lists.svlug.org/archives/svlug/2017-February/062344.html and
http://linuxmafia.com/pipermail/conspire/2017-February/008707.html

Please note my mention of the end of two other Firefox close-compatibles
that might be worth considering:

o Waterfox: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterfox
o Pale Moon: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pale_Moon_(web_browser)

--
Cheers,                                      299792458 meters per second.  Not
Rick Moen                                    just a good idea.  It's the law.