:: Re: [Libbitcoin] [bitcoin-dev] BIP1…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Eric Voskuil
Aan: Matt Corallo, Bitcoin Protocol Discussion, Pieter Wuille
CC: libbitcoin
Onderwerp: Re: [Libbitcoin] [bitcoin-dev] BIP151 protocol incompatibility
On 02/13/2017 03:11 AM, Matt Corallo wrote:
> I believe many, if not all, of those messages are sent irrespective of version number.

In the interest of perfect clarity, see your code:

https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/src/net_processing.cpp#L1372-L1403

Inside of the VERACK handler (i.e. after the handshake) there is a peer
version test before sending SENDCMPCT (and SENDHEADERS).

I have no idea where the fee filter message is sent, if it is sent at
all. But I have *never* seen any control messages arrive before the
handshake is complete.

> In any case, I fail to see how adding any additional messages which

are ignored by old peers amounts to a lack of backward compatibility.

See preceding messages in this thread, I think it's pretty clearly
spelled out.