:: Re: [DNG] Devuan on Raspberry Pi
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Jochen Fahrner
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Devuan on Raspberry Pi
Am 06.02.2017 um 09:22 schrieb KatolaZ:
> Like, for the same reason why you use packages compiled for amd64 with
> your shiny Intel i5, despite you could have used packages compiled for
> an i486 back in 1994? :)

That's exactly the point. Nobody comes up with the idea to compile
packages for the Intel platform only for the newest shiny Corie i7. So
why do Devuan compile for ARMv7?

Raspbian made the decision to divide into architecture "armel" (PI 1A)
and "armhf" (PI 1B and later). So Devuan should do the same. If not, it
comes to problems like mine: migrating from Raspbian Jessie with
architecture "armhf" ends in segmentation faults on many PIs.

The only option I have: install from scratch with Devuans "armel" Image.
But this is not really an option, I will loose hardfloat, making my PI
even more slower than it already is. So I stay with Raspbian Jessie.

--
Mit besten Grüßen
Jochen Fahrner