:: Re: [DNG] Devuan and oss(4)
Pàgina inicial
Autor: KatolaZ
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Devuan and oss(4)
On Fri, Feb 03, 2017 at 10:45:26AM +0100, Klaus Ethgen wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> Am Fr den 3. Feb 2017 um 8:51 schrieb KatolaZ:
> > > Compared to that, OSS always work with high quality sound.
> > >
> > > I wonder if Devuan will stay with free software like debian was long
> > > time ago and let the user choose what to use or if it follows debian in
> > > only supporting one (non-working) sound system.
> > >

> > Letting the user choose implies providing adequate support. Are you
> > volunteering to maintain OSS support in Devuan? That would be great,
> > indeed.
>
> Meaning, maintaining oss4 packages?

Meaning: help supporting what you would like to see working in Devuan,
whatever it is. If you have working OSS packages, it would be good to
upload them on the Devuan gitlab, and then help integrating them back
in Devuan.

I want to see angband-4 in Debian. I will be packaging it shortly, and
upload it on the gitlab. If I wait for some Debian-Developer to do
that, it will never happen ;)

HND

KatolaZ