:: Re: [DNG] corrupted aptitude state …
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Hendrik Boom
A: dng
Assumptes vells: Re: [DNG] corrupted aptitude state. (WAS: python-sipsimple dependencies
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] corrupted aptitude state -- SOLVED
On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 06:37:08PM +0000, KatolaZ wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 01:22:17PM -0500, Hendrik Boom wrote:
>
> [cut]
>

> > Where can I find complete documentation for apt-*?
> >

> As usual, the complete documentation is to be found by means of:
>
> man apt-get
> man apt-cache
> man apt-mark
>
> But in general you will just need:
>
> - apt-get install package (...)
> - apt-get remove package (...)
> - apt-get purge package (like remove, but also purges config files)
> - apt-get update (update the list of available packages from repos)
> - apt-get upgrade (upgrade all packages you can)
> - apt-get dist-upgrade (like upgrade, but also installs new version of
>         existing packages and manages the corresponding deps)

> - apt-get autoremove (remove all packages which are not required by any
>                  manually installed package)

> - apt-cache search something (search "something" among all package
>                    descriptions. "something" can be a POSIX regex(7))

> - dpkg --search /bin/ls (which package has installed "/bin/ls"?)
>
> - dpkg -L package (which files have been installed by "package"?)
>

> > In particular, is there an option I can place on an install or remove command that
> > will report what it is going to do without actually doing it?
> >

> apt-get install --simulate package

Thank you. That ws the optio I could not find. Though now that know it,
it was wasy to ding in man apt-get.

It turns out my problems with aptitude seem to be over, after doing

    apt purge aptitude
    apt install aptitude

-- hendrik