:: Re: [DNG] python-sipsimple dependen…
Página Inicial
Autor: KatolaZ
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] python-sipsimple dependencies
On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 09:11:15AM -0500, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 10:04:39AM +0200, Lars Noodén wrote:
> > python-sipsimple (>= 3.0.0) seems to uninstallable because of
> > dependencies. Is there a safe and easy way to pull them in from Debian?
>
> I wouldn't pull anything in from Debian. I added an independent repository for
> up-to-date OCaml packages for Debian a while go, and its dependencies have wrecked
> interactive aptitude. It seems to have caused some Debian packages to havee been
> requested as dependencies, and now I have an aptitude that wants to install
> hundreds of packages in interactive mode, none of which I want. I know of no way
> to tell it to forget it.
>
> In noninteractive mode, aptitude still works fine.

....ok, but Devuan backports (and main, and contrib, and non-free, and
security, and updates) all pass through amprolla, so in theory you are
using Devuan's repos, but in practice those repos in turn still fall
back to Debian ones, in 95% of the cases.

If you don't want to pull "anything at all from Debian" (and I would
not see why you would like to do that, to be honest), then you'd
better off with something else, like Arch... :)

My2Cents

KatolaZ