:: [DNG] Hibernation after Installatio…
Góra strony
Autor: Lars Noodén
Dla: dng@lists.dyne.org
Temat: [DNG] Hibernation after Installation on System76 Gazelle
The actual installation of the latest ISO-9660 image on a System76
Gazelle Pro went more or less smoothly. Thanks for that!

(devuan_jessie_1.0.0-beta2_amd64_CD.iso
70898e0dc49af6ec4937c16d8eb9d2a0190720c88d3b32a1c9607a9259684821)

There were the following small nits:

- the trackpad was not recognized by the graphical installer
(a USB mouse worked, but so did navigating using keys only)

- no timezones available that weren't tied to a locale

- installer log messages (ctrl-alt-f4) have a lot of ^M

It was able to work with the unusual disk setup that chokes Ubuntu
Desktop's installer.

On the down side, is that sleep/hibernate is not working. I've got
XFCE4 for a DE.

When I go to the menu XFCE -> Power Manager and, for example, set the
laptop lid to trigger "suspend" nothing happens. The system continues
to run as normal and the screen stays lit. Same for then I set the
laptop lid to trigger "hibernate"

When I go to the menu XFCE -> Power Manager and set the sleep button to
"suspend" the sleep button gives every indication of having suspended
the system. However, when I try to wake it up the machine seems to turn
itself off and then on again two times before doing a cold boot.

    # swapon -s
    Filename        Type          Size    Used    Priority
    /dev/md1p1      partition     8778748 0       -1

So the sleep button can activate "suspend" but instead of sleeping it
actually shuts the machine down in some way. What must I set or change
to use the "suspend" and/or "hibernate" capabilities? Either would be
fine at this stage.

Regards,
Lars