:: Re: [DNG] Mount ACM device
Top Pagina
Auteur: KatolaZ
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Mount ACM device
On Mon, Jan 09, 2017 at 08:22:47PM +0000, Olav Selseng Vestreim wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I have trouble entering a GPS tracker (work), which is recognised as a device
> at /dev/ttyACM0; trying to mount it, I get an error: 'ttyACM0 is not a block
> device'.
>
> Any suggestions on this issue?

As the error message says, you can't mount it, since ttyACM0 is a
*character* device, and not a *block* device. Block devices _might_
need to be mounted (attached to a piece of filesystem), since I/O is
based on chunks and is usually buffered, while character devices
normally work "straight away", since I/O is meant to be synchronous.

Usually, GPS trackers are accessed through a serial protocol (simple
ASCII commands), and normally this protocol is already "spoken" by the
software you use to access the GPS tracks.

HND

KatolaZ