:: Re: [DNG] vdev packaging status (wa…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: aitor_czr
À: Anto, dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] vdev packaging status (was eudev status)
Hi anto,

On 01/09/2017 08:32 AM, Anto wrote:

> Thanks Aitor,
>
> I think I will just use your debian packaging files of vdev from
> http://packages.gnuinos.org/unsystemd/pool/main/v/vdev/vdev_20161228-jessie1.debian.tar.xz.
>

> And looking at the control file of vdev inside that tar file, I also
> need to compile and install libfskit-dev and libfskit-fuse-dev (which
> I assume) from https://github.com/jcnelson/fskit and libpstat-dev from
> https://github.com/jcnelson/libpstat.

That's right, they are needed for the frontend filesystem vdevfs.

> For the latter one, I think I will also use your debian packaging
> files on
> http://packages.gnuinos.org/unsystemd/pool/main/libp/libpstat/libpstat_0.1-20160326-jessie1.debian.tar.xz.
> Let's see how it goes.
>
> The only non-technical issue that I see is that, there is no version
> of vdev set on its source code. I know that I can set it to any
> version, but it would be great if we could have it on the source code.

In a previous version, i used the date of Jude Nelson's latest commit,
but keep in mind that some changes have been done since then. Basically
Ralph's manpages and some changes in the Makefile of libudev1-compat too.

> I think I will just set the vdev version to the same version as fskit
> and libpstat, i.e. version 1.0.2.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ant

That would be a good idea.