:: Re: [DNG] [OT] setnet v0.2: a shell…
Kezdőlap
Szerző: KatolaZ
Dátum:
Címzett: dng
Tárgy: Re: [DNG] [OT] setnet v0.2: a shell script for network config
On Fri, Jan 06, 2017 at 05:18:27PM +0000, KatolaZ wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 06, 2017 at 11:57:28AM -0500, Steve Litt wrote:
>
> [cut]
>

> > Oh Oh,
> >
> > The new setnet.sh is more busted than the old. You fixed the part about
> > enps0 not being configurable, thank you, but now when I say configure
> > and it lists enps0 and I press Enter, instead of giving me a further
> > screen to fill out, it gives me a forever stdin with screen echo, and
> > no hope of getting out via Ctrl+C or Ctrl+Z. Also note that in this
> > condition, as I type in newlines, the color set by setnet.sh's nCurses
> > scrolls up the screen, and the terminal's native color replaces it.
> >

> Hi Steve,
>
> thanks for the feedback. Yes, that there are still a few quirks here
> and there (it's still unfinished). I can't reproduce your bug
> though. Maybe better to chat via IRC?

Hi,

there was indeed a bug which showed up only with some shells. I have
corrected that one, fixed wifi detection (following Greg's
suggestion), added a conf variable to list wifi devices if automatic
detection fails, introduced a few more changes to improve
visualisation. and added a minimal manpage. I will put the new version
online within a few hours (and post a discrete email here, if it is
not a problem).

HND

KatolaZ