:: Re: [DNG] On a lighter note
Top Pagina
Auteur: Anto
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] On a lighter note

On 06/01/17 11:03, Fred DC wrote:
> Just for the fun.
>
> Does Gnome3 (aka RH) know that they use a technology which is considered
> by some a legacy technology?
>
> Me thinks, that maybe by the time s*d is more than just useable it might
> also be considered a legacy init-scheme.
>
> Quoting from the Release Notes of the BlankOn Distro:
>
> BlankOn Tambora Goes to The World
> [snip}
>
> MANOKWARI
> Manokwari is a desktop environment based on GNOME 3 shell. It combined
> Gtk+ and HTML5 frontend (Gtk+ is legacy here and would be replaced
> totally with HTML5 in the future). It is an evolution from a shell
> called blankon-panel. In this release,.....
>
> --- end of quote
>
> What is BlankOn? It is a Debian-based distribution developed by the
> Indonesian Linux Mover Foundation and BlankOn developer team.
>
> It's all in the eye of the beholder
>
> Fred

I am not sure why BlankOn Linux is being bought up into this anti
systemd mailing list. They clearly endorse systemd and follow debian,
https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=id&u=http://dev.blankonlinux.or.id/ticket/1415.
But hey, this is an open mailig list so I guess everybody can express
their interest as they like.