:: Re: [DNG] how to clear DNS cache
Top Pagina
Auteur: Rick Moen
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] how to clear DNS cache
Quoting Simon Hobson (linux@???):
> Rick Moen <rick@???> wrote:
>
> > Without objection, I'll point out that one leading advantage of a local
> > recursive server (what you probably mean when you say 'caching DNS
> > server'[1]) is that it Just Works
>
> Unless you are in one of the situations previously mentioned where it
> doesn't ...

I didn't think it necessary to belabour the fact that if a network
daemon, one that inherently needs open Internet access to work, is
prevented from having open Internet access, it won't work.

Some folks love playing Edge-Case Theatre, and will happily do so all
day long and fill up mailing lists with it. I do not. However, as Mr.
Lincoln said, it's the sort of thing that will be enjoyed by those who
enjoy that sort of thing.