:: [DNG] [OT] setnet v0.2: a shell scr…
Top Pagina
Auteur: KatolaZ
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: [DNG] [OT] setnet v0.2: a shell script for network config
Hi all,

sorry for the OT. I just wanted to let you know that I have released
the new version of setnet, that simple shell+dialog script for network
configuration we talked about earlier this week. You can find the deb
package here:

http://kalos.mine.nu/setnet/

Please feel free to give it a try, if you like, and report bugs/issues
here:

https://git.devuan.org/KatolaZ/setnet

This is a list of main changes wrt the first version:

+ Polished code to make it posix-shell compliant

+ Tested with bash, busybox, dash, ksh, mksh, posh, yash

  + Added support and checks for hard, soft, and optional
    dependencies

+ Added submenu "Info" with basic network testing tools

+ Added submenu "Dump" to dump network information to a file

The good news is that this version works unmodified on some 7/8
different shells, including busybox and ash/dash, which are quite
common on embeded systems. I am currently using setnet on my own
laptop, and I am testing it on the Devuan minimal live images (both on
qemu and on real laptops). The next step will probably be the addition
of some rudimentary support for EAP-PEAP and EAP-TLS authentication. I
will keep you posted, if this is not too much noise for your
mailboxes.

HH

KatolaZ