:: Re: [DNG] how to clear DNS cache
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Alessandro Selli
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] how to clear DNS cache
Il 03/01/2017 23:47, Rick Moen ha scritto:
> Quoting Simon Hobson (linux@???):
>
>> OK, I stand corrected. But it's still having to manually "fix"
>> something that wasn't (as people point out) broken for 30 years and
>> now suddenly (and without warning) is now broken.
> As with Arnt and me, we stand in strenuous agreement.
>
>> But you are wrong in that the DNS thing is **not** an addition to
>> resolv.conf - if it were then there would be a little less hate for
>> it. It's the hidden nature of it that really annoys.
> You probably have some data on this matter that I lack. Is this some
> systemd brain-damage you're referring to? Some file that gets consulted
> instead of /etc/resolv.conf ? I think I saw mention of something
> (/run/systemd/resolve/resolv.conf) that probably qualifies in the Debian
> bug Jaromil pointed to.

Ubuntu does what you wrote:

[alessandro@wkstn03 ~]$ ll /etc/resolv.conf
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 27 set 28 20:24 /etc/resolv.conf ->
/run/resolvconf/resolv.conf
[alessandro@wkstn03 ~]$ head -2 /etc/resolv.conf
# Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by
resolvconf(8)
#     DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN
[alessandro@wkstn03 ~]$ lsb_release -drc
Release:        16.10
Codename:       yakkety
[alessandro@wkstn03 ~]$