:: Re: [DNG] how to clear DNS cache
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Rick Moen
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] how to clear DNS cache
Quoting Alessandro Selli (alessandroselli@???):

> "Your network stinks. What DNS servers do you want to use?

[amazing list, ending with:]

> [ ] Pick random ones
> [ ] Pick the geographically closest ones
> [ ] No DNS configuration now
>
> Given there is choice, why artificially limit people's possibility to choose
> how to skrew their networking up they way they enjoy it most? :-)

But yet again, nobody is yet thinking to include what seems most obvious to me:

[ ] Run Unbound as local recursive nameserver on this host.
[ ] Run PowerDNS Recursor as local recursive nameserver on this host.
[ ] Run BIND9 as local recursive nameserver on this host.
[ ] Run dnscache as local recursive nameserver on this host.
[ ] Run Deadwood as local recursive nameserver on this host.

And I think that's a missed opportunity.

Are people making the mistake of thinking they're require
administration? They don't, you know. Unlike authoritative
nameservers, there's nothing to administer. You set the daemon to run
(and start it), you point /etc/resolv.conf to it (e.g., to 127.0.0.1 to
make the local machine use it), and it runs itself. Finis. Nothing to
adjust, nothing to administer. The distro installer could offer that,
and make it so.