:: Re: [DNG] how to clear DNS cache
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Dan Purgert
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] how to clear DNS cache
Quoting Alessandro Selli <alessandroselli@???>:

> Il giorno Wed, 04 Jan 2017 05:53:56 -0500
> Dan Purgert <dan@???> ha scritto:
>
>> Quoting Alessandro Selli <alessandroselli@???>:

>> >   "Your network stinks.  What DNS servers do you want to use?
>> >
>> > [...]
>> > [ ] Pick random ones
>> > [ ] Pick the geographically closest ones
>> > [ ] No DNS configuration now
>> >
>> >  Given there is choice, why artificially limit people's possibility to
>> > choose how to skrew their networking up they way they enjoy it most?  :-)
>> > BTW, I'd set FoolDNS as the default choice! ;-)
>>
>> I counter that these three (or at least "no config now") should be on
>> top of the list.
>
> Well yes, this is much better:
>
> [ ] Pick random ones
> [ ] Pick the geographically closest ones
> [ ] Show a list of public DNS servers to choose from
> [ ] No DNS configuration now
>
> What do you think?

I'm kind of envisioning this as part of the initial system setup, so a
little more like this.
Though I fully admit caffeine hasn't kicked in yet, so I may be
spouting more crazy than normal :).

[*] No DNS config (warning - may limit ability to install optional components)
[ ] Pick geographically closest
[ ] Pick Random
[ ] Custom
     DNS1 [_________________] (required if 'custom')