:: Re: [DNG] how to clear DNS cache
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Jaromil
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] how to clear DNS cache

On Wed, 04 Jan 2017, Alessandro Selli wrote:

> [ ] Pick random ones
> [ ] Pick the geographically closest ones
> [ ] Show a list of public DNS servers to choose from
> [ ] No DNS configuration now
>
> What do you think?

running this and other similar polls could be beneficial to inform
decisions we take and will have to take in Devuan.

how about setting up a simple yet stable tool to run such polls now
and then? running it through the mailinglist is rather cumbersome.

we did open Devuan's "community group" on Loomio to experiment with
https://www.loomio.org/g/aZupNlWS

for this very decision I guess there is reasonable consensus around
Rick's position (No DNS configuration) which should be already
implemented and if I'm not mistaken Devuan doesn't set a DNS by
default (its the DHCP client that does).

However it could be an occasion for anyone who like to create a thread
and see what sort of participation and interaction we have on this
platform. Loomio is known to be an excellence for this sort of polls
and some of us at Dyne have good contact with the people behind it.

ciao